CUGEIN RAW GREEN BEEF TRIPE
We are now offering our nutritious frozen Raw Green Beef Tripe for sale in 1 lb. and 3 lb vacuum sealed packages or 15 lb. boxes.
REASONS TO FEED YOUR DOG OUR GREEN BEEF TRIPE: Green Beef Tripe (unbleached cow stomach) has always been a very important component of the carnivore’s diet. Though most humans regard it as unusual, raw green tripe is a natural and beneficial food for dogs and cats. Our tripe is quickly processed from government inspected grass fed beef and is sourced from local provincially licensed facilities. We can ensure that it is as fresh and as meaty as possible. While we leave fat in, the excess fat is removed by hand. We then coarsely grind, package and freeze it in our commercial freezers. Whole beef liver and kidney is also available from time to time.
Making our own raw food to feed our Irish Wolfhounds is something we've been doing for over 11 years. Our puppies are weaned on tripe at 4 weeks of age. We are passionate about our hounds. We believe that feeding them what comes naturally to them, less additives and preservatives is part of maintaining healthy, strong and happy dogs.
NUTRITIONAL ADVANTAGES OF RAW GREEN BEEF TRIPE
• Raw green tripe offers a balance of nutrients as well as beneficial bacteria and enzymes. It has been nutritionally analyzed and found to have a desirable calcium:phosphorus ratio of 1:1. Green tripe’s pH is acidic, the protein is approximately 16% and the fat is approximately 9 %. It also has the correct proportions of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
• One of the best constituents of raw green tripe is lactobacillus acidophilus. This is one of the intestinal bacteria that keep unwanted bacteria such as e-coli, salmonella and listeria from overpopulating and causing health problems. As we know, a balance of microflora in the gut is extremely important to maintaining good health. The intestines only contain enough food for a certain amount of bacteria, but by adding tripe to a pet’s diet, the population of good bacteria will outnumber the bad. These probiotics help keep the animal’s immune system in top shape. Think of tripe as “Activia©” for pets. We have used raw green tripe for dogs that had digestive problems with great success.
• Another beneficial component of raw green tripe is digestive enzymes. The enzymes that help the ruminant digest its meal will give the pet the same benefit. Dogs and cats do not naturally produce amylase, so the nutrients present in vegetative matter are not readily available to them. Raw green tripe contains not only digestive enzymes, but in most cases, some pre-digested green matter as well. This combination of enzymes and nutrients provide pets with a nutritional powerhouse.
1 lb. (454 g) Green Beef Tripe
(frozen and vacuum sealed)
3 lbs. (1.36 kg)
Green Beef Tripe
(frozen and vacuum sealed)
15 lbs (6.8 kg) Green Beef Tripe
(frozen and packed as a single Cube)
To Place an Order:
1. Order direct from us (Kathi & Dwayne Yorke) and pick up at our Farm by calling 226-706-8988
2. Order on-line through the Thornbury Market Platform (see directly below)